Leverage our Any Rider optional benefit for added flexibility when you get your motorcycle insured with DirectAsia Singapore. We understand that no two riders are the same, and every motorcycle owner has different needs and lifestyles. If you are planning to share your bike with more than one trusted rider, then our Any Rider benefit is ideal for you.
With this optional add-on as part of your motorcycle insurance plan, we will protect any unnamed authorised rider of your choice to share your motorcycle, provided they meet the following requirements. The rider must:
- Have a valid motorcycle licence with at least 2 years riding experience with motorcycles.
- Be accident-free (no at-fault claims) at the time in the last 3 years.
- Not be suspended or disqualified from driving in the last 5 years.
- Not be using your motorcycle for rental or delivery purposes (even if Food Deliveries usage is declared).
- Possess the policyholder’s permission to ride the motorcycle.
- Be between 25 to 65 years old.
As long as the rider falls within the above criteria, they are free to ride on your insured vehicle while having the exact same coverage as you. By opting for our motorcycle insurance with Any Rider, you can enjoy the peace of mind knowing that any authorised rider you share your bike with is fully insured against accidents, theft, damage and more in Singapore.
Customise Your Motorcycle Insurance With Any Rider Benefits
Our Any Rider optional benefit is available under all three motorcycle insurance cover types — Comprehensive (COMP), Third Party Fire & Theft (TPFT), and Third Party Only (TPO). DirectAsia is the only insurer that lets you tailor your motorcycle insurance policy to your needs, giving you the freedom to pick and choose optional perks to suit your budget and preferences.
Get a Quote for Our Any Rider Add-On
Lend or share your motorcycle to those you trust without the hassle of naming all riders by choosing Any Rider insurance coverage. Ready to get started? Click here to receive a quick quote online! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to us and our team will get back to you within one or two business days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any riders that DirectAsia does not cover?
We exclude certain riders from our motorcycle insurance coverage so as to keep your premiums low. We are unable to cover you if:
- Your policy renewal applications have been declined, or your policy has been terminated in the last 3 years.
- You’ve had your licence suspended or cancelled in the last 5 years.
- Your motorcycle is registered under your company.
- You use your motorcycle for commercial purposes, be it on a full or part time basis. However, if you use your bike solely for food deliveries (and not other delivery services, e.g. courier), we can cover you if you declare your usage to us truthfully.
Am I eligible for DirectAsia’s motorcycle insurance?
Eligible policyholders must meet two criteria — you must be the registered owner of the motorcycle in Singapore, and the main driver must be aged between 25 and 65 years old, with at least 2 years’ valid motorcycle licence. The main driver is considered the person that rides the motorcycle the most.
You can add one named driver to your policy who is also between the age of 25 and 65, with at least 2 years of driving experience with motorcycles. If you wish to extend insurance coverage to more riders, we recommend opting for our Any Rider add-on.
What other optional benefits can I add to my motorcycle insurance?
Apart from Any Rider, we offer the following optional benefits for our motorcycle insurance plans:
- NCD Protector Plus
- 24 Hour Breakdown Assistance
- New for Old
- Personal Accident
- Medical Expenses
Learn more about our optional benefits here.