Like insurance, we understand that job descriptions can sometimes be confusing. So just as what we've done with our insurance plans, we keep our job descriptions simple too!
We are looking for a Senior Database Administrator to develop and maintain a "best of breed" IT Operational Service. You will focus on delivering business-driven change across the DirectAsia application portfolio, assisting projects at both design and implementation phases, and providing advice and consultancy to the business on database-related challenges. Additionally, you are required to support the existing database estate across all environments within DirectAsia.
So what will you be doing specifically?
- Provide support for DirectAsia's database environment in accordance with agreed service levels, standards and processes;
- Proactively manage and monitor DirectAsia's database environment to minimise business disruption and identify and drive initiatives to improve the quality and effectiveness of the IT services;
- Work closely with application and infrastructure personnel, providing technical input to application design of DirectAsia solutions for business and infrastructure projects;
- Assist in the evaluation, planning and delivery of the migration and upgrade of existing database applications;
- Identify opportunities to improve DirectAsia's database environments and act proactively to prototype and propose improved ways of working;
- Participate in knowledge transfer with other staff within IT and beyond to improve the effectiveness of IT Services;
- Provide operational support and ownership of back-office batch jobs and supporting processes;
- Develop and maintain system and technical documentation.
And what are we looking for?
- At least a diploma in Information Technology;
- Microsoft Certifications for MCDBA and MCSE will be a bonus;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience;
- Strong design, implementation and administration knowledge of SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, MSSQL Server from 2008R2 onwards and experience in Mirroring, log shipping, replication and clustering;
- Knowledge of database encryption techniques including TDE and applicable key management solutions and strategies;
- Knowledge of information security standards including PCI-DSS and experience implementing and/or adhering to the standards in an organization with electronic payments;
- Strong trouble shooting, performance tuning, T-SQL and Powershell/scripting experience;
- Experience working in large environments supporting applications through various stages of the product development life cycle;
- Passionate about modernizing technology, especially database services;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and a "can do" attitude in delivering IT support.
If this role appeals to you, we look forward to hearing from you!
Join us at Direct Asia; where happier matters!
Note: If nothing happens after clicking 'Apply now' button, please turn off your browser pop-up blocker.