Extreme Sports and Activities
Life is meant to be lived and we want to help you live it fuller with adrenaline-pumping activities! Your policy automatically covers you when you are participating in non-extreme sports and activities. By extreme sports, we mean any action or adventure sport which in our sole opinion is involving a high degree of risk. Some of the extreme sports that we cover under this Optional Benefit (with an annual policy) include :
- winter sports such as skiing and snowboarding;
- hiking or trekking up to 4,000m in altitude (without ropes or specialist equipment);
- martial arts, boxing or other similar activities;
- organised races where you are competing against others such as triathlon, cycling and obstacle races;
- sports tours where you are competing against other teams in contact sports (e.g. rugby).
You will also be covered when participating in some sports or activities if you have a licensed guide and are using a registered operator:
- off-piste skiing;
- trekking, hiking or mountain biking in extreme or hazardous areas, rock climbing, caving, pot holing or mountaineering or any similar activities that require the use of ropes;
- scuba diving (up to a depth of 30m);
- parachuting, sky diving, paragliding, parascending, bungee jumping, hang-gliding, or other similar activities;
- white/black water rafting, canoeing or kayaking;
- water skiing, wakeboarding, windsurfing, kitesurfing or other similar activities;
- all-terrain vehicle (ATV), go-kart, sand buggy or similar (you must wear a helmet).
There are some sports / activities that we are unable to cover for example, if you are participating as a professional, or trekking or hiking above 4,000m in altitude. For a full list, please refer to the policy wording document here.
We know that serious sports amateurs are passionate about their sport and will like to bring their own equipment on their travel. If you have opted for the sports equipment Optional Benefit with an annual policy, we will pay for loss, theft or accidental damage to your skis, snowboard, poles, scuba equipment, specialist apparel associated with winter sports or diving, golf clubs, wakeboard or pedal cycles and their accessories whilst overseas.
Maid (Foreign Domestic Worker)
We understand that sometimes you want to bring your helper along on your travels to help ease the stress of a family holiday or you just want to reward her and let her enjoy herself too. Whatever the reason may be, you can now choose the Optional Benefit of adding your helper into your Family Plan. We will pay for any losses you incur e.g. medical expenses, medical evacuation & repatriation, and so on. This policy will only kick in after you have exhausted the coverage under your compulsory maid cover where applicable (e.g. for medical matters).