Motorcycle Insurance Policy Documents | DirectAsia Insurance

Motorcycle Insurance >
Policy Documents

Customer Shaped Policy Wording

We use customer feedback so our T&Cs are easier to understand 

We want our motorcycle insurance to be easy to understand. So our managers review and update our policy wording regularly to remove any grey areas. If you ever have any questions about the terms of your motorcycle insurance policy, please give us a call so one of our insurance experts can help.

Policy documents & wording

Your Policy Documents give you complete information about your Motorcycle Insurance policy with DirectAsia.

Once you've completed payment, your confirmation email will include a secure link to download your policy documents to print and use as needed at your convenience. Within 24 hours, we also send out a welcome pack by registered mail, including all official documents for your policy, including invoice and tax receipt. Depending on where you live, this mail should arrive within a few days.


You may need to submit this form when making a Motorcycle Insurance claim.


Motorcycle Insurance FAQs

Plan Vehicle age
Comprehensive Up to 10 years old
Third-party fire and theft Up to 30 years old
Third-party only Up to 30 years old
We will be happy to provide you with a quote for any of our insurance plans. However, before you buy the policy, please check with your finance company. Some finance companies require certain levels of insurance cover for the motorcycle before they can continue with the finance.
There is no excess applicable for Personal Accident benefit and 24-Hour Breakdown Assistance. However, you will have to pay an excess of S$107 (inclusive of GST) each time you claim under Medical Expenses benefit.
Your own damage excess will be applicable in the event your motorcycle is stolen in Singapore. (You can refer to your certificate of insurance on how much your policy excess is). If your motorcycle is stolen outside of Singapore, an additional excess of 50% of the market value of your motorcycle at the time of the theft capped at a maximum of $2,000 will be applicable too.
No, we will not pay you for your modifications since these will have been done by you or a previous owner after the motorcycle was first registered. We will only cover you for the original standard equipment by the maker or distributor and we can decide whether to replace or repair these items or pay you the cost to do this.
If you choose our comprehensive motorcycle insurance we will cover you for accessories and spare parts if these were fitted as standard equipment by the maker or distributor at the time your motorcycle was originally bought and they were on your motorcycle at the time of the accident, loss or theft.

We can decide whether to replace or repair these items or pay you the cost to do this.

Medical Expenses, Personal Accident and 24-Hour Breakdown Assistance 
We have 3 different plan types depending on your needs. They are Comprehensive, Third-Party Fire and Theft and Third-Party Only. See 3 types of Motorcycle Insurance plans.

The policyholder is the registered owner of the vehicle – we cannot insure you if you are not the owner of the vehicle.

The main rider is the person that uses the motorcycle most frequently – he must be aged 25 - 65, 2 years’ riding experience. He would be the policyholder (vehicle owner).

Named riders are occasional riders you name under the policy. They have to be aged 25 - 65 with 2 years’ riding experience.

Authorised riders are people that you give permission to use your motorcycle. Sorry, this policy covers only 1 main rider and up to 1 named rider. It does not cover any unnamed riders. The adding of additional rider is subject to additional premium charges.

Yes, your policy remains valid even if you have had modifications done to your motorcycle, provided these modifications are LTA compliant and/or approved and have been declared to us. Please check if your modifications are LTA compliant.

No. The credit card holder must be the policyholder. If you do not have a credit card for payment, you can arrange to pay at 20 Anson Road, #08-01, Singapore 079912 via cash or cheque.

No, we are sorry that our motorcycle third-party only insurance is available on a single payment basis only.
  1. Your chassis number. You can get this by logging onto LTA website
  2. Your NRIC for you and any named driver
  3. Your previous registration number if you plan to transfer your NCD to a new motorcycle
  4. And your credit card details
Yes, just call us at 6665 5555 or come to our office at 20 Anson Road, #08-01, Singapore 079912, Singapore S(058716).
Yes. You just need to tell your motorcycle dealer that you will be getting your Motorcycle Insurance from DirectAsia.
You can get a quote by following our simple step by step guide. If you're satisfied you can go ahead and buy. You can choose the start date of your policy and even have immediate cover if you wish. You can print off your insurance certificate straight away. If you need time to gather more information, then you can save your quote and go back to it at a later date. Your quote will be saved in our system and will be valid for 90 days.

We make our policies in such a way that you pay only for what you need. Here are a number of ways you can cut costs on your premium.

  1. We have three different insurance plans for motorcycle policy. You can select the plan according to your needs.
  2. Opt to pay a higher excess. The higher the excess the lower the premium. (Note: This only applies to our Comprehensive plan).
  3. Certain motorcycle models are more expensive to insure than others. Keep this in mind when purchasing a new vehicle.
  4. Be sure to only pay for the optional extras you need, as any you add will increase your premium.
Your Motorcycle Insurance premium is based on a number of factors including driver profile which looks at your age, driving experience, No Claim Discount and the number of profile named on your policy. We also take into account the motorcycle's make, model and age. The excess you choose will also affect your premium. The higher the excess, the lower the premium. (Note: This only applies to our Comprehensive plan) Any optional benefits you choose will also affect your premium.
An excess is the amount that you must contribute towards the cost of a claim. The type of excess and the amount payable will be shown on the Schedule. If you make a claim, you will have to pay us any excess that applies.

If your No Claim Discount (NCD) is 20%, your Certificate of Merit (COM) from the Traffic Police entitles you to a discount over and above your NCD. This is your Offence Free Discount. At DirectAsiawe reward safe drivers.

You can check your status here

If you have been a named driver on someone else's insurance, you are not entitled to any NCD. However, if you have been driving a company motorcycle and you then buy a personal motorcycle, you would be allowed to transfer the NCD. This is provided you can show the number of claims' free years you have with a letter from the HR department of your employer or from the leasing company, if the motorcycle is leased. More details on NCD.
No you cannot protect your NCD. When an accident occurs, your No Claim Discount will be reduced as described in the table below. Please declare the NCD according to your situation: Your current No Claim Discount If you make 1 or more at fault claim 20% 0% 15% 0% 10% 0%
A No Claim Discount is a discount that we offer you on your renewal premium if there are no claims on your policy during the current period of insurance. You may still be entitled to a No Claim Discount even if you have made a claim, provided you are not liable for the accident or in cases of thefts and Acts of God.

No, you do not need to select Private and Business Use to make a few business calls. If you need to use your bike for a use outside of your policy, you must inform us prior to when you’ll be riding your bike off your selected use. You can ride outside of declared use up to five times per policy at no extra cost.

  1. Private use: You are only using your motorcycle in the course of your private life and for leisure.
  2. Private use and commuting to work: You are also using your motorcycle to go to and from your office.
  3. Private and business use: You are also using your motorcycle for and during the course of your work.
  4. Private use and Food Deliveries: You are only using your motorcycle in the course of your private life and for leisure + food deliveries.
  5. Private, Commuting and Food Deliveries: You are also using your motorcycle to go to and from your office + food deliveries.
  6. Private, Business use and Food Deliveries: You are also using your motorcycle for and during the course of your work + food deliveries.
Your policy covers you when you ride your motorcycle in Singapore, West Malaysia and Southern Thailand (Within 80km of the border between Thailand and Malaysia.)
Statistically, young drivers tend to have more accidents. At the moment, we do not insure very young drivers, but we do strive to review our policies from time to time. Nonetheless, we appreciate you considering us and hope you will choose us for your motorcycle insurance in the future.

Only a driver named by the policyholder in the policy aged between 25 and 65 with 2 years' driving experience is covered under the policy.

If the claim is reported by the named driver under this policy for loss of or damage to the motorcycle then the named driver would enjoy the same cover as the policyholder.

If you meet the below requirements, then yes you do.

  • The policyholder must be the registered owner of the vehicle – we cannot insure you if you are not the owner of the motorcycle.
  • The main driver is the person that uses the motorcycle most frequently – they must be aged between 25 and 65 years old, with at least 2 years’ driving experience.
You can add one named driver to your policy aged between 25 and 65 years old, with at least 2 years’ driving experience.
Your security matters to us. The information you provide to us via this website is securely encrypted as it travels between your computer and our computers. The secure connection is over a protocol called secure socket layer - SSL, making it extremely difficult for others to access your information. Two ways of knowing when you are using a secured section of our website is to look for the small padlock symbol in the bottom right hand corner of your browser and secondly the web address in your browser window will start with "https instead of "http"."
If the repair cost is higher than the economic repair value, we may then settle the claim as a constructive total loss. The economic value is the difference between market value and residual value (COE and PARF).; You can, however, still have your vehicle repaired even when the cost is more than the economic repair value. The GIA recommends insurers pay the economic repair value plus 50% of the difference (up to $5,000) between the actual cost of repair and the economic repair value.
If you have misdeclared your usage at the quotation stage, i.e. you are using your motorcycle frequently during the course of your work but only took private usage, or if you drive frequently to your work place but took only private usage, we reserve the right to reduce or reject your claim altogether. If you use your motorcycle outside of your declared usage and you forget to inform us beforehand, an additional excess of S$1,500 would apply if you are involved in an accident during this usage.

As a valued customer of, you can use your motorcycle outside of your declared private usage up to 5 times a year by calling us at 6665 5555 or sending an email informing us of your upcoming usage at

If you plan to use your motorcycle for food deliveries (e.g. UberEats, Deliveroo, Food Panda etc.), or are already using your motorcycle for food deliveries: please call 6665 5555 to inform us and to ensure you are appropriately covered. Otherwise, in the event of a claim, your claim may be rejected.
Making a claim against motorists from another country can turn out to be costly and time-consuming. You have to get the help of your repairer to assist in your claim. If you are not at fault and you are able to provide the registration number of the third party vehicle, your NCD will not be affected.
Make a police report in the place the accident or loss occurred and do so within 24 hours. If you're in West Malaysia or Southern Thailand and you need towing to the nearest repair workshop we can help you arrange that. You will need to pay the service provider and you can claim it back on your policy, up to the specified amount, when you return to Singapore. Call us at +65 6603 3699 (Overseas/Emergency).
You can use a repair workshop of your choice.
DO NOT try to start your motorcycle as the flood water may damage the engine.
Call 995 for the fire brigade. Get details of the officer who attends to the fire and a copy of the fire report.; If your motorcycle is damaged in an arson attack, report it to the police so that they can investigate.

Get a copy of the police report and call us to lodge a claim on In Singapore
6532 1818 or +65 6603 3699 (Overseas/Emergency). 
Report it immediately to the police so that they can investigate the matter and try to find the motorcycle. Get a copy of the police report and call us to lodge a claim on In Singapore
6532 1818 or +65 6603 3699 (Overseas/Emergency). 
If you settle the matter amicably with the other driver, then there is usually no need to make an insurance claim. You must still report the matter to us, though. It will NOT affect your No Claim Discount. Complete and send us a copy of the Private Settlement form when you're reporting the claim.

You will need to submit the following original documents and keep copies to substantiate your claim either by fax at Fax: 64231197, email at or post to DirectAsia, 20 Anson Road, #08-01, Singapore 079912, Singapore S(058716).

  • Accident report.
  • Police report
  • Refer to our section below on Reporting to Police. Medical and specialist reports
  • If anyone is injured get a medical report from the doctor.
  • Bills and invoices of expenses incurred (i.e. overseas towing, medical fees). Documents supporting your claim (i.e. photographs, medical certificates)
  • Names and particulars of witnesses
If someone is injured, then you'll need to report the accident to the police. If nobody is injured and you settle the dispute with the other driver amicably, then there's usually no need for police involvement. However, should a hit-and-run situation occur or a government vehicle/property, foreign vehicle, or pedestrian/cyclist be involved, you need to report this to the police.
If someone is injured or there has been a fatal accident, please do not attempt to move the injured or the vehicles. Call 999 first then call us on In Singapore
6532 1818 or +65 6603 3699 (Overseas/Emergency), we will send someone out immediately to help you.
In the event of an accident stay calm and make sure everyone is safe. Do not discuss liability. Call us at In Singapore
6532 1818 if you're in Singapore or at +65 6603 3699 (Overseas/Emergency) if you're in Malaysia or Thailand. When you phone us, our professional claims advisor will guide you.; You are required by the General Insurance Association of Singapore to report an accident to your insurer within 24 hours (or the next working day) even when there is no damage. If not, your No Claim Discount (NCD) will be affected.; More information about what to do in the event of an accident.

The refund is calculated based on the following conditions: Premium Refund = [Premium x (Unexpired Period of Insurance (Days) / Original Period of Insurance (Days))] – Applicable Cancellation Fee ($53.50 inclusive of GST).
Please note that the above is subjected to no claim/accident in current policy period.

Please ensure you have the following documents:
  • Sale / Purchase Agreement by car dealer stating the details of the sale of the vehicle, and the effective sold date and handover date; OR
  • LTA Notification Transfer of Ownership for the vehicle.
You may fax the documents to 64231197 or email us at Once we receive these documents, we will backdate the cancellation date to 1 day after the vehicle sold/ handover date.

Alternatively, you may also give us a call on our Customer Service Hotline at 6532 2888 from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday.
No refund will be given if there is a motorycle accident reported and/or claim made under your motorcycle insurance policy.
For premium paid via credit card, we will credit the premium refund to the same credit card account originally used. For cash or cheque payment, will send you a refund via cheque. You will receive your premium refund within seven working days.
No, different insurers have different methods of computing refunds.
We will only refund via cheque if the original payment method is by cash or cheque. Sorry we cannot refund you with cash.
If the overall claims experience is bad that year then insurance companies have to increase their premiums across the board for all motorists irrespective of whether you have made a claim or not. If you have a clean driving record, though, your premium will still be lower than those with accident claims.
There are a number of factors involved in pricing premiums. Firstly, there may be an increase in claims for your motorcycle make and model, which will lead to higher premiums. The higher price may also be driven by inflation. For example, increased repair costs, legal fees and medical costs means increased insurance premiums to keep up with these costs in general.
There are many things taken into consideration when calculating premiums particularly risk factors including vehicle model, capacity, and driver's profile. The market value of the motorcycle is not considered to be a direct risk factor because it does not influence the claims received from third parties for property damage and injuries. Also, repair cost for motor vehicles continues to increase therefore impacting insurance premiums.
Yes. If you do not tell us everything you know or would be expected to know, you may receive no benefit from your policy or we may cancel your policy and treat it as never having existed. The admin fee for cancellation is S$90 (inclusive of GST).

As a fully licensed insurance company registered by the Monetary Authority of Singapore, we are a member of the PPF Scheme.

Your Motorcycle Insurance policy issued by DirectAsia is covered by the PPF Scheme. For more details please go to or

You can cancel this policy at any time by giving us 7 days' notice. The refund premium will be pro-rated subject to a cancellation fee of S$50 before GST for car insurance & motorcycle insurance, S$10 for travel insurance.
We are committed to providing you with quality insurance products and services but if any dispute arises out of your insurance policy that we cannot resolve between us, then that dispute may be submitted to the Singapore Mediation Centre for settlement by mediation in accordance with the mediation procedure in force.
We make it easy for you to renew your policy. This can be done automatically and we will deduct the amount from your credit card when your renewal is due. If you don't opt for automatic renewal we will send you an invitation to renew.

You can easily make changes to your personal details 24/7. Login to My Account space to change your particulars, including contact information and more.

If you need to speak to us, you may call our customer service centre hotline at 6665 5555 from Monday - Friday: 8am - 8pm.

You can contact us to request a change to be made to your cover. Please give us 7 days' notice in order for the change to be effective.; You may call our customer service centre hotline at 6665 5555 from Monday - Friday: 8am - 8pm or email us at

We have to exclude some drivers to keep your premium down
We cannot cover you if:

  • You have been declined when trying to renew your policy in the last 3 years. Or you have had your policy terminated in the last 3 years.
  • You've had your licence suspended or cancelled in the last 5 years.
  • Your motorcycle is registered under your company
  • You use your motorcycle to perform delivery services, whether on a full time or part time basis. However if you use your bike for food deliveries only - and not any other types of delivery e.g. courier - this can be covered if you declare such usage to us truthfully.

We do not insure certain professions. These are:

  • Personnel of foreign armed forces
  • Professionals who are involved with the entertainment industry
  • Professional sportsmen or sportswomen
  • Foreign diplomats and foreign diplomatic staff
All information on how to lodge a claim with DirectAsia can be found at or call 6532 1818 for personal assistance.

Have questions? Speak with us directly at 6665 5555 or provide your details and we’ll call you.