Trying something new, learning, challenging yourself, changing your world. Isn’t that what life is all about? Doing something you’ve never done before can lead to great rewards.
In their book Happy Money: The Science of Smarter Spending, authors Elizabeth Dunn and Michael Norton draw on years of quantitative and qualitative research to explain how experiences, like travel, leave us far more content than staying at home or spending money on things. And the rewards don’t stop there.
It seems Singaporeans agree as we are travelling abroad in ever increasing numbers. In 2012 we made over million trips abroad, that’s an increase of almost four percent from 2011 and a massive 85 percent leap from 2001.
Save Up To 40% On Travel Insurance – Annual Travel Plan
If you travel abroad more than 3 times a year, our annual travel insurance plan was made for you. Buying an annual travel plan saves you time as you only buy once to cover a full year of travel and you also enjoy substantial savings over booking each trip individually.
- Travel for up to 90 days each trip
- Save up to 40% with an annual plan
- Choose cover for Asia (for more savings) or Worldwide
6 Ways To Plan Your Dream Holidays
1. A dream without a plan is just a wish. If you want ideas for your next vacation, then a visit to the Natas (National Association of Travel Agents Singapore) Travel Fair 2016 may be just the ticket.
“Come and discover inspiring holiday moments; be it an adventure, an exotic getaway or a romantic escapade, NATAS brings the world to you in one convenient place. Opportunities abound with the vast selection of choices and visitors can indulge in their passion for new discoveries in travels, cruises, cultures, adventures, shopping and culinary delights at the fair. We have also many cash and attractive prizes to delight you in our grand draw.” NATAStravelfair
2. Here are the top 10 destinations that Singapore families are travelling to during Chinese New Year.
3. Singapore is the perfect springboard for a long weekend taking in the beauty (or the thrill) of the unknown. If you want to travel as a family, couple or prefer your own company, these are DirectAsia’s top picks.
4. We all want to go further for less, and finding simple ways to save money is more important than ever in Singapore. Here are five great ways to save.
5. If you love a Singapore Public Holiday as much as we do, check out the list of public holidays for 2016 from MOM to help you plan.
6. When you are planning your next trip, why not get a quick travel insurance quote that will save you time and money.