7 Perfect Last-Minute School Holiday Trips | DirectAsia Insurance
Holidays should be relaxing, otherwise why bother leaving the comfort of your home? But searching for the perfect family holiday is not always easy. Adults often like elegant, immaculate places while the children are after a water slide and pizza – a chance to just be kids.
DirectAsia likes to make things easy for you, so here is our round up of holiday destinations all the family can enjoy. 7 places to find the perfect last minute school holiday trips – recommended by people in the know. Now all you have to do is chose your adventure. Relax and enjoy!
- A fun guide to Asian child-friendly resorts and family holidays where adult pampering and kiddie fun are both possible.
- Great advice and ideas from an experience family traveller who writes for LonelyPlanet, Condé Nast Traveler, ESPN and Wired Magazine. Places to go in South East Asia and over-rated destinations to avoid. Includes things to do in Singapore!
- 12 Family Friendly Attractions in Southeast Asia, something for everyone.
- Broad, bronzed and open-skied, Australia is built for family travel. Lonely Planet’s top 10 family-friendly places to visit in this dazzlingly diverse country strewn with tropical reefs, surf beaches and snowy heights. The vast distances between A and B can test parental patience, but with some savvy planning you can have the holiday of a lifetime.
- New Zealand is a great destination for family-friendly holidays, and no matter where you travel, there is always plenty of things for kids to do. Activities for kids range from animal and wildlife experiences to nature-based activities and thrill-seeking adventures.
- Want a short break away from the city? Easy solutions for all kinds of adventures. These great recommendations from Expat Living all take less than three hours to reach by plane.
- Want to volunteer in South Easy Asia? True traveling is about exploring and experiencing culture away from the gift shops and the tourist traps. Truetravellers.org shares interesting travel stories and provides a variety of resources to help you make the most of your time away, including a list of free or low fee volunteer work programs in Asia.
Tips for travelling with children
Being ill abroad – It can happen. Make sure you have the correct travel insurance before travelling. Do some research on the country you are visiting to see if you need specific injections before you go. Talk to your doctor. Google ‘Travel Abroad’ and look for Government websites that cover all the basics.
Travelling with kids – Think about what it’s going to be like for you and them before you book. Is a two week mountain trekking holiday really going to work with a 3 month old baby? Look for holidays where you can all get the kind of rest and fun that you need! Make sure that you have snacks and pocket activities for time waiting at airports or for the car.
Go with another family – Do you know a family that you could holiday with? Do you all get on? Do your kids get on? If you do, this can be a great way of keeping the kids happy and having shared child care and adult time.
Just For You
At DirectAsia.com we like making things easier. When you are looking to protect yourself and your family, you can get a travel insurance quote, buy your policy and receive immediate cover within a matter of minutes.
Visit www.directasia.com to get a quote online or call us at 6665 5555 now.