Here is a checklist of who is eligible for our car insurance
- The policyholder must be the registered owner of the vehicle – we cannot insure you if you are not the owner of the car.
- The main driver is the person that uses the car most frequently – they must be aged 70 years old and below, with at least 2 years' valid driving licence.
- Young and/or inexperienced drivers are drivers aged below 30 and/ or with less than 2 years' valid driving licence. You only need to name young and/ or inexperienced drivers on your policy and you can name up to 2 people.
Most other companies will insure any number of young and/ or inexperienced drivers which means that even if you don’t have such drivers you will be paying for those that do.
At DirectAsia you only pay for what you need.
We have to exclude some drivers to keep your premium down
We cannot cover you if:
- You have been declined when trying to renew your policy in the last 3 years. Or you have had your policy terminated in the last 3 years.
- You've had your licence cancelled or suspended in the last 5 years.
- You are driving a commercial vehicle.
We do not insure certain professions. These are:
- Personnel of foreign armed forces
- Professionals who are involved with the entertainment industry
- Professional sportsmen or sportswomen
- Foreign diplomats and foreign diplomatic staff
- Driving instructors requiring business use