How To De-Register Your Car In Singapore. Our Handy Guide.
Your to-do list. It’s great when it includes happy things like ‘book dinner for Saturday’ or ‘get tickets for the new Star Wars movie’. But have you noticed how difficult things seem to stay stuck on your to-do List?
Why does this happen? Because most of us don’t like things we don’t understand, so we tend to avoid them. Here’s a case in point. Over 100,000 car owners in Singapore have a car between eight to 10 years old. You can bet there are a few to-do lists out there containing the line ‘find out how to de-register car’. It’s also a safe bet that the Star Wars tickets will get sorted sooner.
Direct Asia is here to help. Here is our handy guide to help you de-register your car, and we’ve added tips to help you buy a replacement.
A vehicle owner is responsible for the de-registration and proper disposal of his de-registered vehicle.
The de-registered vehicle must either be scrapped at an LTA Appointed Scrapyard, temporarily stored at an LTA Appointed Export Processing Zone pending export, or exported out of Singapore. Proof of disposal of the de-registered vehicle must be submitted to the LTA.
- Singapore Government information on how to de-register and dispose of a vehicle
- sgCarMart Scrap and Export service. The first online car auction platform in Singapore since 2007 and the official vehicle auction platform for several government agencies – Land Transport Authority (LTA), the National Environment Agency (NEA) and Singapore Customs.
- PARF vs COE Cars. A Master Class from DirectAsia
- New vs Used Car. Must Ask This Before You Buy
- Negotiate Like James Bond. 4 Secrets Every New Car Buyer Should Know
More Good News
When you buy your next new or used car, buy your car insurance from DirectAsia again. We will reward you with a Petrol Voucher worth up to $150. Click here to find out more.
Get a quote online or call 6665 5555 for one year happier car insurance now!